Critique Night with Linda & Jamie Kemp: September 9 (4:30 PST, 7:30 EST)
Thursday September 9: 7:30 PM EST, 4:30 PM PST (approx. 2 hours)
$25 to come as a spectator
$40 to have your work critiqued
Join internationally-acclaimed artist Linda Kemp and Professor of Art History and Visual Studies Dr. Jamie Kemp for a night dedicated to studying your art.
Art critique is an essential part of any artist's training and development. At this Critique Night, you'll see how it can be done with enthusiasm and compassion.
All skill-levels are welcome at this supportive and inclusive event. Openings are available for those who would like to have their work critiqued (10 artists maximum) and those who would simply like to watch and learn how it's done.
This evening will include:
- An introduction to Art Critique and its principles by Art Historian and Curator Dr. Jamie Kemp.
- Detailed instructions for how to participate in a supportive critique, receive feedback, and make the most out of what you'll learn.
- The opportunity for up to 10 artists to get supportive, professional feedback on up to 2 works of art.
- The opportunity to learn from others as they share their work and receive helpful feedback.
Nota Bene for artists who would like a critique:
- The 10 critique spots are available on a first-come-first-served basis.
- You must send your two works of art to Linda and Jamie in advance of the meeting (by Monday September 6 at the latest). Instructions for how to submit your work will be sent to you after your purchase is confirmed. Please include your email during the checkout process so that we can send you the link!
- You may choose to receive your critique anonymously if you would like for your name not to be shared.
- We will record only the critique portion of the event and the recording will only be available to the maximum 10 artists who are receiving critique on that evening. The recording will be made available for download within one week of the event. The recording will be available for download for one week.